System Identification and Modeling Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. We are a dynamic group and you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join the CoreMotion team and help develop the next generation of mobile sensors. We are looking for highly motivated scientists to help design, and validate algorithms to enable new, state-of-the-art MEMs sensing technologies. Your success will contribute to the ever-evolving suite of fitness and health features in Watch and iPhone that are helping people live more active, healthier lives.
- Expertise in various aspects of signal processing, estimation, grey-box, and black-box modeling
- Expertise in experimental design, model uncertainty, linearization and model reduction
- Experience with algorithm design, implementation, and in-system performance characterization
- Fundamental knowledge in physics, mechanical, electrical, and material science engineering
- Excellent technical communication skills
As a member of the algorithm development team, you will collaborate with the sensor design and product integration teams to characterize and model prototype hardware. You will apply your expertise to identify key system parameters, design experiments to validate various models, and work closely with software developers to implement efficient algorithms on shipping Apple products.
Education & Experience
PhD or 5+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field with relevant domain knowledge. Coursework in controls, signal processing, statistics, machine learning, and programming