Front End / UI Engineer - Apple Employee Systems (Austin, TX)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Employee Systems team is seeking a software Front End UI Engineer who has a proven track record in developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions. Our group is responsible for building and managing a suite of core application services for a number of applications. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, dev-ops engineers and technical project managers, working to make a difference for our customers.This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background.
- 3+ years of Front end web development using HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Angular.js, (or similar Java Script technologies)
- Deep understanding of Web development including security and API integration
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good Oral and written english communication skills
- Experience with GIT
- Have implemented HTML5 and Responsive / Adaptive Web Design
- Experience in AJAX, XML, JSON
- Experience with JS MVC frameworks (AngularJS, Backbone.js, CanJS, etc)
- Possess firm knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform & cross-device compatibility standards and behaviors
- Experience with CSS3 animations is nice to have
- Experience using other dynamic web application languages (JSP, PHP, XSLT) is a plus
The Employee Systems team is responsible to build Employee related business applications. You will be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet have an in-depth knowledge of enterprise systems and platforms to build innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Employees. RESPONSIBILITIES: - As a Front End Web Developer, you should be able to build web products that are elegant and highly responsive. - The candidate must possess excellent communication skills. - Be a pro-active solution-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. - At Apple, code quality and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the keys measures of Success. Be able to work well in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 4+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.