WebKit Architecture Engineer – Performance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. WebKit is the system framework used by Safari, Mail, and many other iOS and macOS applications to render web content. We are seeking someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities, and someone creative and inspired to invent new ways to analyze and build better products.
- Detailed knowledge of C and C++
- Detailed understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills
The WebKit Architecture team is responsible for the design and implementation of WebKit’s sandboxed, multi-process architecture, which provides for security, crash isolation, and concurrency. The team covers major WebKit features including inter-process communication, process isolation and sandboxing, storage, networking, Cocoa APIs, and web APIs like fetch(), Web Components, and WebRTC. This performance role focuses on benchmark-driven optimization of web page loading, DOM mutation, layout, and rendering.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with performance analysis tools and performance optimization
- Experience with systems programming and inter-process communication
- Experience with security engineering and security exploits
- Experience with Cocoa apps and frameworks