Software / Firmware Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about exceptional engineering? Will you help us design the next generation of Apple products? Join us in developing creative solutions to deep engineering challenges. You will become an integral part of a team that champions engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. In this highly collaborative role, you will lead program management efforts between a variety of Apple engineering teams to build state of the art technologies for world-renowned Apple products. The Apple Audio Engineering team is seeking an engineering program manager to help drive collaboration between cross-functional engineering teams for embedded firmware development and coordination of features with OS teams and HW engineering.
- 1-2 years of experience as an engineering program manager required
- Experience in consumer products as an engineering program manager or engineering manager with experience managing software schedules and ensuring software feature delivery
- Understanding of FW/SW development processes and test validation including HW manufacturing support. Strong software development background
- Track record of shipping products and managing them through the entire product life cycle
- Experience working with off shore manufacturers
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles
- Remain calm and flexible in times of ambiguity
- Self-motivated and high-energy with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
- Knowledgeable of one or more technologies: embedded software, mobile software, UX/UI, wireless, DSP, power, connectivity.
In this dynamic position, you will develop, manage, and drive the end-to-end execution of software and embedded firmware development plans throughout the product development lifecycle and delivery stages. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Strong communication skills and experience across and between a diversity of teams and team members is critical. You will interact with a wide array of software engineering teams plus hardware engineering, EE, marketing, manufacturing, and other resources inside and outside Apple to create extraordinary audio products and accessories. * Ensure product software and firmware requirements are clearly defined * Break down complex software/hardware issues into simple tasks * Develop and oversee comprehensive project plans * Identify and handle program cross-functional dependencies between teams * Communicate development milestones, project schedules and status updates and drive alignment across the organization and between teams * Coordinate with teams to identify, prioritize and track risks to schedule and product quality * Drive software / firmware factory readiness in support of hardware builds * Coordinate multiple validation plans across teams * Understand engineering issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making * Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an actionable form for executive management * Synthesize large amounts of data into a clear story and communicate to partners and organizations at all levels * Maintain an orientation toward teamwork and collaboration * Provide regular program status updates and communicate escalations as needed to executive team
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines. MS is highly desired