iPhone Hardware Validation Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a real passion for shipping high volume, high-quality products? As an iPhone Hardware Validation Project Manager (VPM), you will be a leader who is responsible for the planning and tracking of electrical validation from first prototype through launch. Using sharp interpersonal skills and deep technical knowledge, you will operate seamlessly with the iPhone System Integration Team to deliver the highest quality products. You are someone with strong electrical engineering fundamentals, passionate about planning, and able to expertly drive a list of critical tasks to closure with multiple engineering teams. In this role, you will have the opportunity to tactfully identify, call out, and mitigate project risks, all while keeping the critical path to complete each validation cycle top of mind.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong electrical/system engineering fundamentals, preferably with experience working on portable consumer electronics.
- Experience with I2C, SPI, MIPI, or similar interfaces is a plus, as is experience with DC-DC power electronics.
- Proven interest in project management and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- -Desire for a fast-paced environment; calm under pressure
- Systems thinker: experience in developing systems, such as working on PCB design/test or system integration
- Mandarin language skills are a plus
On the VPM Team, we love to feel the impact we make on the products that reach our customers. Some of the things we do are: - Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and management - Define test plans and drive demanding validation schedules - Build relationships with multi-functional development teams in the US and Asia in order to integrate their work into the project - Work with Hardware Leads to prioritize project tasks and to identify and mitigate technical risks - Schedule, organize, and host meetings based on key project needs - Invent and implement creative validation process improvements
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, EE/CE degree preferred
- Position will require some international travel.