Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Visual Designer for our internal Retail Communications team. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our Retail employees. The Senior Visual Designer works with a global team of producers, planners, writers and videographers to deliver global and localized graphic content on multiple platforms and types of media. You have experience in editorial content design and are able to work within an existing design aesthetic, while understanding how to extend that design language to other applications. You have a deep understanding of interactive design, especially with user consumption of content on social media and current news platforms. You have deep passion for working across stakeholders and creative teams. The work you produce will foster community, spark dialogue and drive a deeper connection between our Retail employees and Apple. You want to be part of an exceptional team and have lots of fun delivering world-class work.
- 6+ years agency or in-house designer experience
- Deep understanding of typography for print, web, and mobile
- Strong communication skills, with experience presenting to multiple teams and senior leadership
- Demonstrates a user-empathy approach to design
- Self-starter who takes initiative and drives to solutions across teams
- Multi-tasker who works efficiently under pressure, maintaining focus on the details
- Synthesizes complex information into simple design solutions
- Proficient on the latest Mac OS X and iOS platforms
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Working knowledge of the current iWork suite (Pages, Keynote, Numbers) is a plus
- Flexible, able to adjust work schedule as needed to accommodate connection with global teams
- Well versed in Apple’s history and able to exemplify the company culture in interactions
The Senior Visual Designer is part of a visual design team that works in collaboration with other creative teams and cross-functional partners, taking concepts from ideation to execution. You shape editorial content from a design perspective, creating illustrations, pictograms, icons and information graphics, art directing and selecting photography. Responsibilities include brainstorming concepts, sketching wireframes, prototyping mockups, participating in design/project critiques, refining design directions and finalizing design details. You have experience working in an iterative process and professionally accepting art direction and feedback. This designer will partner with a Production Designer to implement final design solutions. Projects can range in scale and include print, digital media and environmental graphics.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required in a design related discipline, such as graphic design, visual communication, information design, or interaction design.
- Portfolio and references required