iOS Engineering Manager - Apple Books
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Books team is looking for a hands-on technical engineering leader, product owner and manager to help design and build the application and services for Apple Books. You will work in a fast-paced environment, to deliver a world class product that delights our customers and helps grow the business.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering management experience
- 5+ years experience in building complex apps and systems with a focus on multi-threading, memory usage and performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers and managers.
- Excellent programming, software architecture & design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Result oriented and deadline driven.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Experience delivering high quality project assignments on short deadlines
- Product owner & care for the customer — love the idea of ownership and delivering amazing products
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required.
- Familiarity with macOS and iOS development is a plus
- Experience programming using Objective-C or Swift is plus
- Experience using and understanding UIKit, CoreFoundation, CoreAnimation
The Apple Books team is responsible for the Apple Books app on iOS and macOS. As a leader, engineering manager and product owner you will work to define and develop the features of the Apple Books app. You are expected to be hands on, in the details and in planning, execution as well as the end game for releases of the apps. You will work closely with design, business and product to define the features for upcoming releases. You’ll work with engineering and projects managers in Apple Books to figure out architecture, work-breakdown, estimates and schedules. At Apple we are firm believers in collaboration and we believe that building professional partnerships with teams across the company is the key to success. We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational leader with excellent qualifications, who lives for the best customer experience, is passionate about building great software and cares deeply about building and strengthening a great engineer team and culture.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent work experience