People Business Partner - Worldwide Sales & Operations Support
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for helping others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of talented perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow professionally and support them in work and life. Join us and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. We are looking for a senior HR Professional to support the Worldwide Sales and Operations Support (WWSOS) team.
- 8+ years experience in a HR management, generalist, and/or business partnering role.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including influencing and coaching senior leaders.
- Highly collaborative and flexible style. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and matrix organizations, both as a lead and a supporting team member.
- Experience leading global projects of all sizes and demonstrated ability to maintain focus on driving what matters in the face of interruptions and changing demands.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Comfortable using and crafting Excel spreadsheets with the ability to interpret and provide meaningful insights & recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and thrive in a face paced and dynamic environment.
In this role, you will partner closely with the WWSOS business leaders and global People team to deliver a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical programs to support the People and business objectives globally. Business Knowledge: Displays curiosity along with a depth of understanding of the business organizations, including key business functions and processes and a passion to build business acumen. Organizational Development and Design: Knowledge of reshaping organizational structure and roles. Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Assist the business in alignment of structure, process, rewards, metrics and talent to assist with the alignment of the business strategy. Consults and influences managers on key organizational and management concerns. Talent & Performance Management: Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues, including identifying key talent, succession planning, recognition and rewards, performance improvement, and terminations. Compensation/Benefits: Executes and manages annual performance and compensation planning process. Partners with management and Benefits to assist with the management of leaves, disabilities, and Worker’s Compensation. Special Projects: Contributes to special and cross-functional projects as needed. Incorporate customer satisfaction in all project activities, with the goal of providing an extraordinary experience. Learning and Development: Understands the training/development needs and acts as liaison with Apple University and the WWSOS L&D team to provide appropriate development opportunities to the organization. HR Metrics: Provides insightful reports and analysis of essential HR data to line management. Recommends programs and/or enhancements as necessary. Collaboration & Relationships: Build relationship and leverage core functional HR groups (Comp, Recruiting, I&D, ER, People Analytics etc) to ensure best support of WWSOS talent initiatives. Work closely with in-region WWSOS People Business Partner Leaders to drive strategic global initiatives in WWSOS.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree; MBA a plus.