Sr. Software Engineer (Java and Full Stack) - Apple Employee Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Employee Systems group in Austin, Texas as a Sr. Software Engineer who has a proven track record in developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions. Imagine what you could do here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join this group as an Engineer to build innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Employees. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background.
- Extensive experience in enterprise systems, software design and development; Working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts; Current experience developing fault tolerant applications in Java
- Able to analyze business requirements and architect efficient solutions
- Hands-on experience with Spring and other Java EE frameworks
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Experience with database technologies
- Experience with messaging platforms like Kafka.
- Good knowledge of performance improvement techniques & caching solutions
- Front-end technologies like AngularJS or React
The Employee Systems team is responsible to build Employee related business applications. We are looking for energetic and seasoned senior software engineers to be part of the engineering team responsible to build Employee Systems. Ideal candidate will be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet have an in-depth knowledge of enterprise systems and platforms. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Key contribution to the development and delivery of systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements - Work with project managers, architect, technical leads, and vendors on defining the scope, milestone, deliverables, and resources needed for the project - Work with cross-functional team for integrations and data needs - Write software and participate in code reviews in debugging and coding to resolve issues. - Develop prototypes and POCs to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems - Own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness - Work with the QE/QA team to create and refine processes and technical standards for the Employee Systems area. - Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the development teams - Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 6+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 4+ years experience, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with NoSQL DB’s like Mongo is a huge plus