Software Engineering Manager - Apple Employee Systems (Austin, TX)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Employee Systems team is seeking an Engineering Manager to head development team in Austin, Texas. Our group is responsible for building and managing a suite of core applications for a number of business units. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, dev-ops engineers and technical project managers, working to make a difference for our customers. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking a dynamic Engineering manager who has a combination of technical depth, customer focus, partner management, executive presence to lead this systems engineering team. In this role not only will you lead the architecture, development, and all aspects of the critical systems, you will also collaborate with multi-functional teams like Payroll, HR and Retail. Are you excited about building platforms and solving problems that directly impact thousands of people? Are you able to articulate vision, direction and status to senior management in different multi-functional groups? If so this opportunity is for you.
- 10+ years of experience in designing and developing mission critical, large-scale enterprise applications
- 2+ years of management experience leading a software engineering team
- Experience in in core Java, J2EE, databases and web technologies
- Good experience in object oriented analysis and design
- Abreast with emerging technologies
- Strong knowledge of scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Strong problem solving skills
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Join the Employee Systems team as an Engineering Manager to help the group bring engineering and operational excellence to the forefront of Engineering solutions group. As an Engineering Manager, your team should be able to engineer and maintain innovative software applications. Manage a team of talented software engineers to design and build the next generation of applications and services using Java and related technologies; mentor the team, lead design and code reviews, etc. Partner Management including Senior Managers and Executives across cross functional teams Stay on top of new technologies and tools, and embrace relevant ones to the team Improve software engineering and release process of the team. Work closely with QA and Operation teams to improve quality in all phrases of SDLC.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of programming experience.
- Familiarity with NoSQL DB’s like Mongo is a huge plus
- Familiarity with UI stack (HTML/JQuery/ Angular)
- Familiarity with Kafka is a plus