Internal Tools Technical Project Manager, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. We are looking for an Internal Tools Technical Project Manager to join our Advertising Platforms Business Operations team. We are in search of an experienced person who has a solid track record of leading robust technical projects and complex system integrations. This is an opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced team that is focused on establishing industry-leading support and new innovation within Apple’s News and Search Ads platforms. The role requires detailed project planning, coordination, and execution of technical tools and systems development, the ability to construct robust technical test plans, clear and concise communication skills, an understanding of operational challenges, helping to scope improvements for future Advertising Platforms offerings, and working closely with stakeholders from various internal teams such as Sales, Analytics and Operations. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team.
- Lead project delivery, taking ownership from end-to-end, including stakeholder management, requirements definition & documentation, planning, development management, testing, UAT, roll-out, production support, maintenance.
- Develop and manage roadmaps for a set of business facing applications and collaborate with stakeholders to negotiate features & timelines.
- Experience leading UX design sessions and leading working sessions with stakeholders and engineering to ensure clear, mutually agreed upon decisions are made with respect to the product.
- Present roadmaps, features, UX, and development status to senior managers.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering manager on plans and deliverables.
- Closely track deliverables, and routinely report against schedules.
- Monitor the progress of initiatives, product /tools development, resolution in collaboration with Analytics and Sales teams.
- Provide updates to project status and drive to solution when obstacles arise.
- Manages and drive system issues to closure and ensure that cross-functional deliverable aligns with the roadmap and schedule.
- Provide data and analysis on systemic changes to internal stakeholders.
- Plan technical roll-out support work, designing and optimizing support processes for new platform features.
- Coordinate internal/external resources to effectively deliver on ITT commitments.
- On-board internal and external partners on new products and platforms.
- Maintain relationships and certification procedures with third-party vendors.
- Exemplary written and verbal presentation skills - Experience working with clients, product and engineering teams - with the ability to breakdown complex concepts to non-technical partners - Experience with a formal project management method - Experience writing and reviewing technical requirements documentation - Experience in driving partnership/collaboration that resulted in solutions which are beneficial for all parties. - Must have pragmatic process acumen to focus on maximizing throughput in the fewest steps possible, while maintaining quality - Experience web application development, API integration, databases - Demonstrable creative thinking and problem solving abilities - Detail oriented and have extraordinary organizational skills - Ability to work independently and with a team in a dynamic, rapidly-changing environment - PMP certification is a plus - Knowledge of the latest advertising technology and some knowledge of various ad serving platforms (DFA/DFP/DCM, Marin, Kenshoo, AdWords)
Education & Experience
BA/BS required with 5+ years prior experience in a Project Management role