Mac Platform Triage Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. Apple’s CoreOS Mac Platforms organization is seeking an energetic and detail oriented Engineer who shall play a central role in management and dispatch of internal feature request and bugs across a large, cross-functional engineering organization.
- Higher Order thinking: Ability to understand customer level use case scenarios, and determine the scope, impact of bugs as reported by test teams
- Communication skills: Ability to identify impacted teams and relay critical information between stakeholders for rapid resolution of issues.
- Debugging skills: Ability to examine debug core-dumps, logs and recognize patterns in panics/failures cases to perform first-order triage
- Organization skills: Ability to organize issues by priority, collect status updates from key stakeholders and figure out next steps of actions
- Presentation skills: Ability to summarize the scope, impact, risk and rewards of fixing issues to program and engineering management.
- Sound technical foundation and a highly motivated self-starter. Knowledge of software engineering best practices and related dependencies
- Ability to understand and write scripts to automate issue screening and summary reports for development products
- Ability to understand and read embedded C code, HW schematics, knowledge of ARM/x86 architecture, familiarity with debugging tools such as JTAG, GDB, is a plus
- Ability to work with engineering teams to root cause failures on short/tight timelines
- Understanding lifecycle of consumer electronic products, software release, testing strategies is a plus
Engage with engineering teams throughout feature development from architecture, design, implementation, and validation. Proactively identify, prioritize, and work towards resolution internally reported bugs, milestone checklists items, and development features. Present and communicate top issues, their risks, and impacts to engineering and program leadership team. Manage the priorities, scoping, timelines, for issues blocking critical team deliverables/milestones.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field