RF Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the explosive growth of iOS and Mac business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. The Operations Test Engineering team is seeking for an individual with strong RF skills with a focus on test engineering. You will have an active engagement with the Hardware, Software Design and Operations teams in Apple.
- 5+ years of technical experience in high volume mobile device manufacturing.
- Excellent understanding of electronic test & assembly processes, particularly related to RF (SMT) or antenna.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes and data interpretation in GR&R, Cpk as well as correlation analysis. Statistical tool experience is recommended.
- Detailed working knowledge of RF testing methods (including Conducted and OTA test equipment used in high volume manufacturing).
- Project management and people management experience with excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written English.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment.
- Proficient in at least two or more of the following areas: radio technologies (Cellular, WiFi/BT, GPS), antenna design, RF integrated circuits or transceiver design, OTA test/design.
- Ability to travel to global manufacturing sites to work with regional test teams at key points in the product development cycle. (Up to 25%-30%) international travel).
Test engineering involvement in the planning and execution of New Product Introductions to Apple global manufacturing sites. You will work closely with Hardware and Software Design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high volume manufacturing environment. Provide technical and product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and resolving any TE / RF related issues through the life of the product with the most optimal test processes. Prepare and present concise weekly TE program status updates to Exec teams and lead the standardization and optimization effort of test coverages. You will conduct detail product failure analysis and drive issue resolutions as well as drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our vendors and manufacturing processes.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical / Electronic Engineering background with an emphasis in either EM/Antenna, RF Analog Design, or Communications. MS is preferred.