Maps Data Analyst - Maps Evaluation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is a data-driven organization confronted with the most challenging large-scale problems in the world. Our mission is to maintain a useful and accurate digital representation of the entire Globe. We ingest a staggering amount of data and wish to discover new ways to use that data to improve the customer experience of Apple Maps. We are growing the team and seek a driven, curious, experienced, and passionate Maps data Analyst who has full understanding of Maps and POIs interactions in Local Search and other maps services. This is a highly visible role in the company, that requires to work with various maps groups to define/refine/establish/evaluate/develop/coordinate POIs data quality related activities. The position will be cross functional and will work with various teams. Your dedication to quality and customers is paramount.
- It takes a strong background in Maps and POIs experience to qualify for this job. As an applicant, we want to have your experience in one or more of these areas:
- Commercial Maps experiences in Local Search/Location Based Services environment
- Complete working knowledge of POI data elements and understand international markets & their requirements
- Hands on knowledge & experiences with multiple commercial POIs
- Detail knowledge & working experiences in commercial local search product
- Experiences in merging/de-duping/classification of POIs are big plus
We are on the lookout for an accomplished Data Analysts to join the Evaluation Team at Apple who can provide insights on POIs and their interaction with Local Search and other maps services. You should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate findings to engineering partners and executives across Apple. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
A degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Geography, Computer Science, or related field is expected.