AppleCare EFFA Lab Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Apple is seeking a Lab Technician to support AppleCare's EFFA screening and test operations. Successful candidates are capable of executing in a fast paced technical environment, processing receipt and testing of field-returned units, performing basic troubleshooting on test stations, and delivering accurate test results in a timely manner. The ideal candidate has the ability to learn quickly and correctly follow test and troubleshooting procedures. The person must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, while able to interact across multiple functions in the organization.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced technical environment.
- Quick learner with the ability to focus and follow complex instructions.
- Attention to detail during test execution and data collection.
- Ability to troubleshoot test equipment and present results in a concise manner to test engineers.
- Good attitude and willingness to contribute to process improvement.
- Skilled with computers and data entry. Excel and Word proficiency.
- Ability to lift and move equipment.
Responsibilities include: Material Management: Lab Technician will process receipt of field-returned units delivered to the EFFA Lab. They will route parts to appropriate teams or arrange return of units to WH after work is complete. Test Execution: Technician will screen and run tests on field-returned units using complex semi-automated and automated equipment, maintaining focus and consistency during test runs to produce quality results. They will be responsible for accurately recording results and test deviations. Test execution support will include standard test runs, as well as DOE (non-standard) test runs. Lab Setup: Technician will support setup of lab equipment, including reconfiguration of lab layout, installation of utility lines, and execution of test equipment qualification runs. Upon completion of EFFA or as needed, technician will support tear down and pack-out of test equipment for storage. Troubleshooting Test Equipment: Technician will act as first responder during test station down events. They will be responsible for executing basic troubleshooting to determine root cause, as well as resolving the issue or engaging Test Engineering depending on the complexity of the finding. Technician will continue working on issue resolution with the assistance of the Test Engineer, and will be responsible for executing verification test runs to confirm the health of the station prior to returning to operation. Communications: Technician will be responsible for communicating with cross-functional teams regarding the delivery status of field-return units, as well as coordinating the return of units to the lab after failure analysis is complete. Moreover, they will be responsible for communicating test equipment troubleshooting observations and results in a concise manner to Test Engineers for further assessment. The technician will be responsible regular periodic status reports to Lab Management.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required. Two-year tech degree preferred.
- English language proficiency and computer skills are required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.