Systems Engineer for Graphics & Imaging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Graphics & Imaging (G&I) group provides foundational graphics and systems frameworks across all of Apple's innovative products running iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS, as well as numerous professional and consumer applications. G&I takes the graphics experience to the next level with core technologies such as CoreGraphics, CoreAnimation, PDFKit, ImageIO, WindowServer, and more.
- Experience developing system frameworks or daemons
- Strong C and C++ programming, refactoring and low-level debugging
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of graphics APIs or GPU architecture
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have the ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You will join a hands-on development team that cultivates creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
We are looking for a world-class engineer with strong technical and programming skills to develop software that is vital to the user experience for the millions of macOS users. In this role you would focus on building and improving a systems framework that is responsible for display compositing, user session management, event control, and many other functionalities below the application level. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work with teams at all levels of the OS stack and to develop software in support of future hardware.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive.
- Proven track record for completing high quality software under deadlines.
- Experience optimizing code where performance is critical.
- Familiarity with API design, binary compatibility or security policy a plus.