Maps Full Stack Web App Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Want to help make the best maps in the world? Our team is looking for web engineers that want to have a real impact on the Apple Maps end-user experience by building platforms, services and applications that measure and improve the accuracy and quality of our products. We deal with complex problems at a massive scale, so we are looking for engineers that love solving challenging problems while collaborating with teams across Apple to help improve our products. We're looking for a customer focused full stack web engineer to help evolve our UI evaluation and data visualization platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience building complex web applications that have tight integration with back end web services.
- Experience in designing and implementing web UIs with HTML5/CSS.
- Knowledge of best practices and methodologies for writing web applications.
- Understanding of design/UX principles and ability to participate in design discussions.
- Understanding of performance, data security, large scale deployment, continuous integration, unit testing.
- Ability to pick up, understand, and communicate complex concepts.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to drive product feature and requirement gathering with external customers.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and proactive individual that combines deep technical knowledge with strong collaboration skills. You’ll be goal oriented and driven to deliver quality solutions in a demanding environment. - As a developer on the Maps team, you have the opportunity to build various web services and tools supporting many different teams collect, verify, and troubleshoot a wide variety of algorithms. - You will work with engineers, statisticians, cartographers, mapping experts, and test engineers to improve a core product that touches millions of users worldwide each day. You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle to deliver reliable systems that service a number of internal customers.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Nice to have:
- - Experience in designing UI mockups and wireframes (e.g. Sketch, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite).
- - Experience in designing and integrating web services (REST).
- - Experience with major web service frameworks (e.g. Spring, Akka, Spray, Play, Node.js).
- - Experience with GIS or geographic imagery and geometry (satellite images, map vector data, etc).