Core Audio Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionated about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing the audio experience for game and future audio technologies.
- Solid C++ skills
- Technical understanding of audio technologies.
- Experience working with Core Audio APIs is desirable
- Familiarity with geometrical modeling and processing algorithms
- Experience with Metal and general working of GPU systems.
- Proven experience with SIMD, writing highly optimized audio algorithms
- Knowledge and experience with audio software subsystems including DAWs, Game Audio Engines including Unreal, Unity and/or audio middleware for game and AR/VR applications.
- 4+ years of software development
You need to be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Be a team player, but also be able to work effectively on their own. The fast-paced nature of the job requires someone who can work well under pressure. We are seeking someone who is passionate about audio and is interested in improving the quality of audio experience for our customers.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent industry experience)