SENIOR IOS ENGINEER - BACKUP
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS Backup client team is responsible for one of the most important services on iOS enabling hundreds of millions of Apple devices to store photos, videos and app data on iCloud. We are a nimble team that designs, builds and releases reliable software at scale. We work closely with other client and server teams to provide the best user experience possible across all Apple products. We’re looking for junior engineers passionate about building reliable and scalable software.
- ▪ Strong programming skills and 3+ years of experience in C, Objective-C or Swift
- ▪ Experience withlibdispatch, POSIX APIs, concurrency, database engines, performance optimizations, event-based programming and inter-process communication
- ▪ HISTORY OF SHIPPING SOFTWARE ON TIGHT SCHEDULES
We work on the client-side of the iCloud service, building the daemons and frameworks required for backing up iOS data. IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL DO EVERYTHING FROM: - Work cross-functionally with the server and other client teams on designing, building and releasing solutions at scale - Client/server protocol design - Investigate performance improvements across the stack - We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company - Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team. - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues. - You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions - Excellent writing and interpersonal skills - Thorough knowledge of iOS is helpful - Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality - You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude - You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community THE CHALLENGES INCLUDE: - Scalability - hundreds of millions of users rely on this service to backup their data - Reliability - designing robust systems that recover from failures - Power and performance - critical at this scale, both in the number of users and in the volume of data per user
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- - Familiarity with backup and sync engines, diff and merge algorithms, network performance work
- - iOS and macOS development tools including Xcode, Instruments, git
- - Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, and dedicated
- - Proven ability to work on a large project
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the iCloud Backup team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.