Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Resource Manager partners with functional leads to assign sufficient and suitable resources to projects, balance workloads and resolve resource conflicts across a large group of creatives, developers, producers, or production staff. We're a team that is passionate about making the complex digestible. We are seeking a curious and dynamic leader who loves people and process.
- You have eight to fifteen years relevant experience in a resource or project management role within a creative or marketing organization. As part of this role, you’ve utilized a project resourcing system and have evangelized use of it with your business partners.
- You have solid knowledge of digital processes and the creative process - particularly in areas such as design, conceptual advertising, and interactive.
- You feel comfortable working in a dynamic and fluid environment and are able to understand complex project requirements, understand briefs, and recognize potential risks and dependencies relevant to resourcing.
- You are a curious, flexible problem-solver. You are also fair, kind, collaborative and a trusted confident of confidential and sensitive information.
- You possess extraordinary communication and social skills. The role requires a high level of patience, diplomacy and fortitude and a strong voice in a fast-moving environment.
- You are willing to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes.
- You have a dream to work in a creative, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
- Extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills.
Build strong rapport with members of the department you support, in addition to partnering with functional and operations leadership and/or key vendor contacts. Host weekly check-ins with key stakeholders to ensure efficient assignment of all projects, identify excessive or under-utilization of talent, and solve any potential resource gap areas. Identify skills to career aspiration matches of individual contributors to the appropriate projects. You’re an expert at balancing workload across internal teams, freelancers and agency/vendor partners. Support your partners with quarterly and fiscal year planning by forecasting future hiring and freelance needs based on provided roadmaps. Mediate resource sharing issues with functional leads and the Director, Resource Management. Collaborate with the Marcom recruiting team on freelance needs when external resources are needed. Ensure the successful on-boarding/off-boarding of all employees (FTE, vendors and freelancers). Shape resource management tools, systems and templates- constantly striving to improve processes and workflow standardization.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred.