Engineering Project Manager, Ad Platforms - Data Science
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy and user data. We are seeking an engineering project manager with experience in machine learning, statistics, or data science to work closely with our engineering and data science teams to deliver products of the highest quality. The EPM must understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to tackle problems. This role will involve interaction with all aspects of engineering, operations, product, marketing, legal and release. .
- 7+ years in project management, program management or product management using agile methods, background in agile data science is a strong plus.
- Experience leading machine learning/data science projects. Experiences involving ML algorithms, optimization efforts, and/or data science driven systems is a plus.
- Technical experience working with large datasets and shipping production scale systems.
- Self-motivated and dedicated, with proven willingness to learn and analytical thinking capabilities.
- Driver of results and effective decision-maker, with demonstrated experience of leading an engineering team forward.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
Responsibilities will include the following: You will drive one or more projects that relate to machine learning and data science products. Adapt style between waterfall and agile methodologies, depending on the project needs. You will work closely with Product and the Engineering Manager to define the vision, product roadmap, and requirements. Lead all aspects of project management, including timelines, resource allocation, scope, definition, risks, dependencies, schedule/sprints. You will drive cross-functional integration and dependencies with other engineering teams. You will support internal customers/users of the data platform by leading feature requests, requirements, and delivery timelines. You will lead communication with both internal groups and external groups as it relates to your team.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.