Sr Engineering Program Manager - Infrastructure HW / ISO
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Internet Services & Operations (ISO) group is seeking a best-in-class Engineering Project Manager to support Hardware Engineering, Fleet Planning and Delivery and the Hardware Infrastructure Coordinators Group. We are an exciting environment responsible for service infrastructure that ensures our customers’ flawless experience, they support multi-functional technology projects throughout the Apple organization, including: iCloud, Apple Media Products, Maps, Messaging Services, and more. This is not just a task based job, you are responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement, you feel a personal stake in the services you support and the projects you handle. You have a deep well of positive energy and unbound enthusiasm. You hold yourself and your project team to (almost, but not quite) impossibly high standards. You have unshakeable integrity. You’re always asking why. You are as comfortable presenting to execs as you are with your nose in a burn down chart. You have deep wisdom and judgement. You know what success looks like. Is this you? You have experience with Datacenters, POP, Edge Infrastructure and you thrive in a fast paced and complex environment. You will partner with the SRE, HW, Fleet Planning teams you will help deliver the portfolio of technical, infrastructure, and system needs that make Apple Apple. In addition, you will be pivotal to scaling, maturing operations and developing best practices. Does this sound exciting? We need you to drive success and act as a business analyst on applicable domains, analyzing business needs and requirements, participating and representing as required in problem solving and design of engineering discussions. You will perform data analysis to drive key decisions.
- 7+ years’ work experience in a similar role within software development, IT or Infrastructure operations environment.
- Prior engineering, datacenter, supply chain and infrastructure experience
- Experience at developing, prioritizing capex budgets to support technical road map
- Process re-engineering experience. – ability to drive maturity and process optimization.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with confirmed creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience of demand planning and supply chain principles relating to infrastructure assets.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills to represent at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working at massive scale with industry leaders
- Experience creating change without direct authority
- Some software development experience. Python or Java experience a plus
You will lead and influence infrastructure efforts across independent functional and property teams. You will build partner trust and persistently remove ambiguity by seeking to reduce complexity to ensure visibility around project goals, expectations and timelines. We need someone who can develop a broad organizational perspective to facilitate strategic views around new projects and be able to facilitate discussions focusing on prioritization of existing projects. You will create and maintain extensive work plans detailing complex technical projects in a fast moving engineering environment. You partner with Supply Chain teams to achieve deadlines and meet financial, capacity requirements. You will develop and lead process improvement and standard operating procedures in order to achieve required maturity and operational effectiveness.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferable in Computer Science or Software Engineering PMP or equivalent project management certification Knowledge of Agile, Kanban development process Six sigma or equivalent analytical discipline