Privacy Law Director
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? We are Apple's Privacy Law Team. We have a new opportunity for a talented lawyer like you to join our team of diverse, creative, and passionate people. Lead a group of attorneys supporting the business and engineering teams to design innovative privacy solutions for our products and services. You will report to the Senior Director of Global Privacy and will be based in Sunnyvale, California.
- Excellent academic credentials and a minimum of 10 years privacy experience as an associate at a top-tier law firm or in-house
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Extraordinary written and verbal skills
- You are an experienced leader and people manager
- You can advise and counsel business teams and executive management on complex legal and regulatory matters by drawing upon your significant experience with US and international privacy laws and regulations
- You also have transactional experience, and can supervise, draft, and negotiate a variety of complex agreements
- You foster and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Your communication and analytical skills are strong, and you can assess and articulate complex and nuanced legal risks in “plain English”
- You can navigate and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways while displaying sharp business insight and analytical skills
- Some travel required
In this role, you will lead a team of attorneys in the Privacy Law Team who work directly with key members of the business, engineering and legal teams on a variety of cutting edge projects. You will also advise on privacy aspects of licensing and procurement deals and corporate acquisitions and assist. You will also help formulate legal and regulatory strategies and advise on and provide creative solutions to mitigate privacy risks. You will also monitor the progress of privacy laws and regulations and policies and consult with and respond to inquiries by regulatory agencies.
Education & Experience
BA and JD with at least 10 years experience in privacy law.