Data Specialist - Real Estate Focus
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Data Specialist to join our Retail Commerce/Digital Experience team. Working in a centralized organization, you will play a significant role in defining how data is structured, organized and handled to aid the consistent and deep understanding of the data we analyze.
- • 5+ years of end to end data management (ETL, integration, master data, UI)
- • Expert SQL skills (MySQL, Oracle, Teradata)
- • Strong analytical skills; Data modeling, semantic development
- • Expert at connecting to data sources and normalizing data for reporting
- • Demonstrated ability to develop PHP web interfaces
- • Experience with handling postal code shape files in GIS applications
- • Flexibility to handle directional changes and ability to support multiple projects while maintaining day-to-day business support
- • Ability to comprehensively understand complex data elements, sources and relationships, with no fear to learn and dig deep
- • Ability to build effective relationships in a multi-functional team environment
- • The inquisitiveness that works towards a deep understanding of partner needs
- • Expert knowledge of data structures and how this relates to business meaning
- • The ability to build creative solutions to bridge gaps in integration and master data
- • A desire for end-to-end ownership of your work
- • Tableau experience is a plus
• Develop and maintain data automation strategies, master data mappings • Curate and create data to support web reports, analytical tools, and business requirements • Engage with IT and project teams to ensure data requirements are comprehended to ensure integration / future maintenance of data objects • Engage in business initiatives to ensure the planned impact of changes will be measurable • Plan and execute unit, integration and acceptance testing to support system implementations and upgrades • Develop and implement web reports and analytical tools based on business requirements • Provide consultation and training to users of analytical tools • Data SME for assigned environment The immediate focus of this role will be in the Real Estate arena; however, area of focus may evolve or shift to other critical areas over time as our business evolves/grows.
Education & Experience
BS required, advanced degree in Statistics and/or Computer Science a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.