Content Management Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apps are changing the world, enriching people’s lives, and enabling developers to innovate like never before. As a result, the App Store has grown into an exciting and vibrant ecosystem for millions of developers and more than a billion users. Exciting, right? The Worldwide Developer Relations team is looking for a Content Management Specialist who, like us, is passionate about apps, the App Store, and the user experience. The position requires a self-motivated individual with a solid understanding of metadata, subject classification, user experience, and knowledge organization. Your focus will be providing limitless ways to expose incredible apps to users around the world. If you are excited to be a part of the greatest app store in the world, read on for the full brief to learn how you can help us deliver.
- Ideally 1-2 years of experience as a data analyst, app specialist, content reviewer, QA tester or similar role
- We value your deep knowledge for apps and your experience working across multiple markets
- Your knowledge will bring in context to classification problems
- You have experience analyzing data sets and drawing insightful conclusions from the data
- We benefit from your strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Your proficiency in Numbers, Pages, Keynote, and Excel are beneficial
- You have exceptional written and verbal skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Your attention to detail and strong organizational skills are an asset
- You collaborate closely with team members, and are able to influence others
- You take ownership and are accountable for your areas of responsibility
- You are a subject matter expert in games/gaming on multiple platforms
- You're a self-starter who works well independently, as part of a team and remains flexible to the needs of the business
- You have a level of resilience and maturity as you will come across various mediums and be exposed to potentially disturbing content (abuse, violence, gore, sexual)
- Excellent reading proficiency in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, or Hindi is a plus
- Gaming Experience, familiarity with games and gameplay
Our team is comprised of talented specialists who are passionate about apps and ensuring the App Store is at its best. - Participate in classification activities; meet daily targets - Manage data collection process, ensuring data integrity - You will analyze and interpret patterns and contribute to the refinement of categories by creating training sets & test cases - We collaborate with engineering and product teams on ideas to improve the categorization process - Use both manual and automated solutions to better classify and categorize data - We contribute to process (re)engineering efforts and facilitate implementation
Education & Experience
BS/BA in Information Architecture, Information Management, Library & Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- For this position, Apple will not sponsor applicants for work visas or relocation.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours on-site.
- Flexible to work overtime including weekends and holidays, with the possibility to flex up or down hours depending upon business needs.
- Available to attend approximately 4 weeks of required training on a fixed schedule that may include weekends.