Technical Program Manager (TPM) VCSEL
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Here at Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Product Operations at Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. You will take the lead in driving technical and quality issues related to VCSEL or photonic devices during ramp up and throughout product lifecycle. We work with vendors and downstream module integrators and cover all module and all systems. This role will mainly work across multiple location in various continents with visits across many countries. The majority of time will be spent on vendor sites.
- Good working knowledge of VCSEL or photonic devices and associated module components
- Deep semiconductor and III-V GaAs processes background is mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of wafer test, yield, wafer fab processes, wafer packaging, back-end issues.
- Familiarity with quality systems and control
- Product Engineering, Process Engineering and/or Quality Engineering
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Strong Leadership, project management, communication, collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills
- Work with multiple cross functional teams internal and external to Apple
- The job also requires significant international travel (35%)
Resolve VSCEL quality issues Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, FMEA etc.). Drive improvement programs as appropriate. Drive FACA for related returns from integrators, field returns, and EFFA issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. Ensure 8D reports and PCNs are maintained correctly Drive processes improvements and new advance process introductions when required. Assist in timely test correlation activities and identify test gap Maintain a good relationship with integrators and track their in issues and yield loss; assist and arbitrate as needed. Review and approve manufacturing Quality Control Plans (tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Module integrator. Audit and approve manufacturers for mass production readiness. You will ensure vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs and requirements. You will lead the quality relationship with the factories; including regular face to face reviews, efficient vendor reporting systems and audits. You will be the direct responsible individual to run and lead Regular status reporting to executives and advance issues when needed.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related technical subject plus 3 years relevant experience