User Experience Designer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is seeking a User Experience Designer, with a focus and interest in research. You would possess a real passion for understanding the world of our users, generating insights and designing solutions that empower them to do their best work. You’d be working in teams to demonstrate other designer’s strengths, but also driving initiatives on your own.
- 5 years experience (3+ years with masters degree) in user-centered design with hands on experience throughout the process, from user research to developing prototypes and collaborating on implementation.
- Experience in delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, personas and use case development is required.
- Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and distill complex needs into clean, understandable solutions.
- Understanding of information architecture, design patterns and interaction design.
- Work as part of a cross functional team, with users, product owners, business analysts and development teams to deliver business value.
- Ability to work independently, managing schedules in dynamic, multi-project environment
- Familiarity and ability to promote appropriate usability testing and user research endeavors
- Programs knowledge: Familiarity with Design and Prototyping softwares, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Omnigraffle or equivalent
The SDS team is largely responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide while optimizing and empowering our customers and internal partners. With the expansive data we have, our job is to build substantial data relationships and engagement experiences for our internal customers. This includes merging data science capabilities into the UI in order to ultimately provide an augmented human intelligence experience while thoroughly understanding our users and their flows. If you're passionate about joining a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in a related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.