Sr. Software Engineering Lead - Apple Employee Systems (Austin, TX)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Employee Systems is seeking a senior software engineer to work as a tech lead. Someone who has a proven track record in developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions is preferred. Our group is responsible for building and managing a suite of core application services for a number of applications. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, dev-ops engineers and technical project managers, working to make a difference for our customers. You will work with some of the coolest people and technologies on the planet, including: OS X, iOS, Oracle, MongoDB, Restful web services, and web platform technologies including Spring, Apache, and more. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background.
- 10+ years of Software development experience designing and building commercial/enterprise class backend platform/components
- Expert level skills of Core Java + Spring
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good Oral and written english communication skills
- Experience building highly performing and scalable backend components (a keen eye to performance/responsiveness of the backend services is a must for this role)
- Has demonstrated past experience of building scalable RESTful Web Services
- Ability to wear multiple hats and a can-do attitude
- Experience with messaging platforms like Kafka.
- Solid knowledge of application performance improvement techniques and caching solutions
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
The Employee Systems team is responsible to build Employee related business applications. We are looking for energetic and seasoned software engineers to be part of the engineering team responsible to build Employee Systems. Ideal candidate will be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet have an in-depth knowledge of enterprise systems and platforms. Responsibilities: As a Tech Lead, Java Senior Software Engineer you should be be able to drive end to end delivery of a Major rewrite of our backend components using Java with Spring and Mongo/NoSQL DB. The candidate must be hands on coder doing active development and lead an onsite/offshore team. He/She should possess excellent technical leadership skills, be a pro-active solution-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. At Apple, code quality and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the keys measures of Success.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 7+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 4+ years experience, or equivalent.
- - Familiarity with NoSQL DB’s like Mongo. Cassandra is a huge plus
- - Familiarity with UI stack (HTML/JQuery/ Angular is a huge plus)
- - Familiarity with Kafka is a plus
- - Search Technologies like Elasticsearch, Lucene
- - Knowledge of HR systems will be a big plus
- - Reactive Development using Spring WebFlux or Reactor.