Sr. MEMS Module Packaging Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a senior level electronic packaging engineer to work on developing exciting new products. You will be responsible providing MEMS packaging solutions in a system for various consumer markets. Reporting directly to the Advanced Packaging Manager, your role is to work with internal device design, product design, QA, supply chain, and also the external suppliers to develop and deploy new MEMS packaging technologies. We are looking for individuals who are very innovative but also have a consistent track record to reduce to practice in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on knowledge in assembly processes, such as backgrind, dicing, die attach (including multilayer thin die stacking), wirebond, encapsulation, underfill, molding, ball attach, singulation and wafer level RDL process. Advanced knowledge in wafer stress relief, bonding/debonding, laser dicing, electroless and electrolytic plating, and TSV process is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge in MEMS CPI (Chip Package Interaction). Able to understand MEMS device physics. Expert level knowledge in WLP, QFN, LGA and BGA packages.
- Consistent record of bringing a product from conceptual stage to HVM stage.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to present ideas, design concepts, data and plan with high confidence at team meetings and executive review meetings.
- Able to perform independent research and development work with minimal supervision.
Define new package special characteristics based on unusual system level performance, cost, and footprint requirements. Define package specifications. Work with suppliers on package design, new material and new equipment selection and process development. Perform initial proof of concept sample build, POR establishment, process control, process qualification, reliability test, yield analysis and enhancement. Interface and coordinate with other team members to align with product development/ramp schedule. Deliver packaging milestones on time. Define packaging roadmap based on long term packaged product requirements. Manage suppliers’ R&D activities. 25% travel to domestic and international travels.
Education & Experience
M.S or Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering, physics, materials science or similar disciplines with a minimal of 6 years of experience in MEMS device packaging, including pressure sensor, accelerometer, gyrometer, magnetometer, micophones, and other advanced sensors. AutoCAD and FEA simulation knowledge is helpful.