Web Services Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Are you a developer who’s passionate about creating high quality web applications using the latest technology? Would you like to become a key member of a team building web apps to support the Apple internal user community? If so, the IS&T intranet web team wants you to be a key contributor to our web applications & services, designed to be on par with Apple’s customer facing sites. You should have a real passion for software engineering, be innovative and possess strong analytical and social skills.
- Web services development using Java, PHP, Swift, Python or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of HTTP, HTML5, DOM and other web standards.
- Database experience (NoSQL & relational).
- Experience implementing web application sessioning, authentication and application security.
- Devops, including package management and build processes.
- Experience working in a mid-size, multi-role development team.
- Source control with GIT, GITHUB, GITLAB.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Direct experience with design/development of highly available, distributed and scalable applications.
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking capabilities and also have sharp troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in developing multi threaded programs.
- Sound knowledge in operating systems concepts.
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies along with a positive and enthusiastic engagement style.
You’ll be building websites, applications and services in an enterprise environment, and possess experience incorporating authentication, sessioning and security standard methodologies into your projects. You'll tune our high performance applications through code optimization, caching, smart technology decisions and disciplined coding practices. You should relish the opportunity to work with large datasets, and be experienced with a variety of data stores, including relational, document and object databases. You should also have experience in high performance data retrieval through database optimization techniques, caching and in-memory data storage solutions. As a web developer, you should possess a thorough understanding of HTTP, be familiar with HTTP standards, responses, headers and status codes. You should be comfortable debugging common problems through browser based tools, packet capture and proxies. Our team includes front/back-end developers, producers, designers and writers. You’ll need to engage collaboratively, delivering on projects with your teammates. You’ll work with designers on optimized interfaces and producers on implementing semantic HTML, and will be expected to contribute constructively to the work you're doing. You’ll manage your code using GIT, and will be expected to create clear, concise documentation that will allow other developers to understand your code. You should be comfortable working in a test driven environment, beginning with writing your test cases at the beginning of each project. RESPONSIBILITIES - Develop detailed designs and deliver highly scalable and optimized systems. - Write efficient, easy to maintain software that are of high quality - Maintain and improve existing applications in response to business needs. - Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the software release cycle - Assist in resolving application support issues. - You should have the ability to handle conflicting project demands and thrive in a fast-paced environment. - You should enjoy challenging and innovative projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment where accountability is paramount. - This job requires superb communication skills to work cross functionally with other organizations within and outside of Apple as well as presentation skills and attention to detail. - Deploying and securing collaboration solutions is a big plus as is experience with AWS-hosted applications and a solid knowledge of data encryption is strongly desired.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 2 years experience
- - Experience with front-end MVC frameworks (Angular preferred) and libraries
- - Experience with Mac OS X
- - Implementation of web sockets
- - Swift development experience