Content Management Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You would be part of Apple's Self Service Engineering team that builds innovative software applications to help deliver the most relevant and timely online support to Apple customers anytime they may need it.
- Prior experience in working closely with technical and business teams to deliver quality software implementations.
- Strong experience designing and building scalable web applications and web services using Java/J2EE, relational and object databases deployed on Linux
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Solid knowledge of software development life cycle including practical implementations of agile methods
- Knowledge of Web Technologies like HTML, JS, CSS, XML, REST, JSON
- Experience with CI with tools like Jenkins, Maven, Hudson etc
- Excellent communication, issue resolution, change management, and risk management
- Excellent leadership especially when working with junior developers
- Solid Experience in implementing enterprise wide, package as well as custom applications
- Experience in managing implementation challenges in the area of architecture, design, integration, infrastructure and scale
- Ability to review the technical design and perform code review with the developers
Join the Self Service Engineering group as a Software Engineer to drive and execute large impact projects. The Software Engineer would help develop content solutions for AppleCare Online systems. Ownership for executing on the roadmap by deep collaboration with development teams and business product managers. This is an exciting position with opportunities to contribute to the vision on a brand new platform. High visibility with long term impact, demanding a strong background in building re-usable and modular code. Requires long term design thinking for scalability and performance. Ability to think out of the box to tackle tough technical challenges. - As a Software Engineer, you will work in the development team for design and implementation of various content management applications with combinations of off the shelf and custom built content platform modules - Build deep levels of integration with other software systems within Apple - Work with technical and business teams on agile methodologies - Work with Architects, Dev, QA, Application Support and Dev Ops teams to ensure thorough approach to Design, Infrastructure, Development and when needed Production and Post-Production support - Keep usability in mind even when writing code and testing and challenge requirements and suggest better alternatives of solving a business problem - Ability to drive a project from concept to delivery
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related degree with 6+ years work experience
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?