Machine Learning Privacy Researcher - Core ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Core ML is looking for an exceptional researcher with strong background in privacy preserving technologies like differential privacy, secure multiparty computation, and various cryptographic techniques in machine learning. You will develop sophisticated algorithms that will take advantage of Apple's ecosystem to improve user experience while upholding our strong dedication to user privacy. In this unique and highly visible role, you will be at the center of Core Machine Learning and privacy technologies efforts. You are expected to generate and implement novel ideas that combine on-device learning with server side learning under data privacy constraints. Furthermore, you are expected to contribute towards the ever growing machine learning efforts at Apple, such as unsupervised feature learning, deep learning, scalability and speed-up of learning algorithms, to name a few. You will be a part of the group that is responsible for shipping components, which leverage machine intelligence to improve the user experience. The position requires a highly motivated individual with a knack of thinking creatively. This is the job unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud.
- At least 2 years practical experience in using and developing privacy preserving machine learning or statistical algorithms.
- Proven track record of delivering concrete implementations.
- Excellent understanding of mathematical underpinnings of machine learning and data privacy.
- Knowledge of Python / R / Matlab / Mathematica is helpful.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules.
- Develop new machine learning algorithms on multiple platforms with strong focus on provable privacy guarantees - Exploit on-device and across-device data to improve the user experience - Work with cross-functional teams to prototype and explore new ideas to differentiate future iOS/ OS X products - Explore and communicate novel architectural solutions to senior management
Education & Experience
M.S/Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Data Privacy, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or a related discipline
- Want to learn more about the Core ML Privacy Team?