Cloud Infrastructure Cassandra Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- A successful track-record or proven aptitude as a backend internet services software developer.
- Experience or proven aptitude for building and launching very large-scale production internet services.
- Structured and full-text indexing and search domain knowledge.
We are designing, building, and supporting new, critical infrastructural systems and frameworks which provide services like structured and unstructured storage, request routing, search queueing, security, and much more. These form the platform upon which many iCloud backend systems will be built. Within this team, the App Services Infrastructure Engineering group is responsible for search and queueing services. Many properties across iCloud and beyond will rely on the systems this team builds for high-volume searching and queueing. This App Services Infrastructure Engineering team needs a strong, self-driven developer to join as a founding member of this group. This person will have a tremendous amount of individual responsibility and influence over the direction the backend of many critical Apple internet services take for years to come. You someone with ideas and passion for software delivered as a service to maximize reuse, efficiency, and simplicity. This engineer’s work will impact hundreds of millions of users and be essential to the success of some of the most transparent current and future Apple features.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise with Lucene/Solr internals, or at least their usage.
- Familiarity with No-SQL stores like Cassandra.
- Familiarity with contemporary queues like Kafka.