Metrics Data Scientist (Maps Evaluation)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps Evaluation team is looking for an experienced data scientist to join our Search Metrics team. Our team builds Apple Maps wide metrics that provide a holistic view of Apple Maps product quality. Our work spans the entire data ecosystem: metrics design, instrumentation, data set design, data quality checks, batch and real time applications, and reporting. We partner with Data Infrastructure, Maps Client and Engineering teams to ensure that we report metrics that are based on the highest quality data.
- You've had 2+ years doing quantitative data analysis.
- 2+ years SQL or Hive experience
- 2+ years of experience in Python, R or other scripting languages.
- Experience in designing analytic solutions to open-ended problems.
- Experience in building relationships across teams, communicating technical content and analytical insights to teams from various disciplines.
Metrics Data Scientists love to deep dive into data, understand data quality measures, discover patterns and insights and drive product implementation changes based on their findings. We need data scientists who are phenomenal communicators and can advocate for the partner teams who make product decisions based on our metrics. You'll work in a cross- functional setting to generate the best possible metrics for our partner teams. You'll develop analysis around product metrics data, and ensure the data meets high quality standards. We work closely with Maps Client, Engineering and Data Platform teams to find opportunities for improving data collection. You'll build relationships across Maps data ecosystem to understand end-to-end processes and how Maps information moves from device to data repositories and dashboards. Bringing to bear strong communication skills to document Maps data and be able to represent any data analysis or issues with key partners. Define metrics to measure data integrity and ensure that they are used to only allow high-quality data to drive analytic decisions.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree and 3+ years of work experience, or M.S or Ph.D. with 2 or more years professional experieince.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience designing data quality metrics and implementing ETL validations.
- Experience with Druid or other columnar data stores.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Looker.
- Experience writing technical documentation.