iOS/OS X Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS/OS X Data Analysis team analyzes and produces insights from diagnostic and usage data from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Macintosh systems. Our data is used to improve Apple products and services, to inform the strategic direction of our products, and to enhance the user experience. We use the latest Big Data technologies to solve complex, large-scale problems using immense quantities of collected data. If you are a hands on Data Scientist with deep statistical understanding and data handling skills we’d like to talk to you.
- Advanced statistics, modeling, and data visualization knowledge.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Substantial data analysis experience working with large-scale data.
- Ability to learn new technologies and to quickly grasp complex problems.
- Significant experience using relational databases, MySQL preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong scripting language skills (e.g. R, Python, …)
You will work across groups in software engineering, hardware, and marketing to understand data analysis needs. Using your deep knowledge of data extraction and manipulation tools you will produce reports and visualizations of critical hardware and software phenomena. With the knowledge accumulated you will create models and validate hypotheses on the uses of our software and devices.
Education & Experience
Masters degree or better in Statistics, Computer Science, or other relevant technical field, or equivalent experience
- Desired skills:
- Experience working with Hadoop Map/Reduce
- Experience using R or other statistics packages