Data Analyst, Retail Business Intelligence
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Retail Business Intelligence group is looking for a Data Analyst to define, develop and maintain easy-to-use data objects and reporting tools that will support downstream dashboards and analysis. Acting as the data SME for multiple subject areas, your tasks will include working closely with IT and business groups, to create the required logic and drive the implementation in the analytic environment. A passion to understand the process of data creation, from the front end users through to reporting objects is critical.
- BS Computer Science or Mathematics, or relevant experience. Advanced degree a plus.
- Proficient with data access/preparation methods using Teradata SQL, Oracle and other relational databases
- 5+ years of data extraction and front end report building (PHP, Python, Tableau or similar)
- Strong analytical skills; should have the ability to evaluate, analyze and present data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail; initiative, follow-up, and a desire for end-to-end ownership of deliverables
- Flexibility to handle directional changes and ability to support multiple deadline-specific projects while maintaining day-to-day business support
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Expert at connecting to data sources and normalizing data for reporting
- Ability to build effective relationships in a cross-functional team environment
Working in a centralized organization, this position plays a significant role in defining how data is structured, organized and evaluated for consistent understanding and interpretation. A key success factor for this role is the ability to understand diverse stakeholder needs, dive deep into the data, analyze complex elements in a multi-dimensional fashion and deliver meaningful insights to senior management and business partners in a comprehensive and persuasive manner. Develop PHP or Tableau reports to support Retail leadership and engage with IS&T and project teams to ensure reporting requirements are covered Engage in business initiatives and capital projects to ensure the planned impact of changes will be measurable Plan and execute unit integration and UAT (user acceptance testing) to support system implementations and upgrades Develop and implement web reports and analytical tools for data quality, data capture rates and monitoring data quality Define how data is structured, organized and interpreted by building semantic layers and master data sets for consistent analytics and reporting Provide consultation and training to users of analytical tools and data sets Define, create and deploy meaningful metrics and perform ad hoc analyses