AppleCare Shared Services PMO Sustaining Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Located in Austin, Texas, the Sustaining Manager is responsible for leading a team of Sustaining Program Managers and Business Analysts. This manager will have sustaining ownership of multiple Contact Center tools. The Sustaining Team’s mission is to drive success and excellence for some of the most critical Contact Center programs.
- 3 plus years of experience in people management, people development and managing software development projects
- Experience with iLog (CRM) and other Contact Center programs is preferred
- Ability to plan and execute strategic program level initiatives
- Requires analytical mindset to successfully identify challenges, weigh up options and decide on effective courses of action
- Skilled at effectively consulting, communicating, and presenting across various levels of the organization.
- Ability to think beyond short-term wins and prepare team-members and broader organization for new challenges that arise from changes in scale and scope
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate discussions between the PMO, Operations, Quality, Development, and end users to deliver the best results
- Ability to gain agreement among those at various levels within the organization and successfully communicate across the Contact Center.
- Strong, solution-focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility supporting multiple programs of varying complexity and priority.
- Experience developing and maintaining new processes and procedures.
- Excellent cross-functional team management skills and experience
- Proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly, and escalate appropriately
- Willingness to travel as needed
- On call availability when needed
- Preferred experience with agile execution models
The AppleCare Support Programs Sustaining Team is responsible for the sustaining support for some of the Contact Center’s most critical systems and programs, including iLog and AppleLearn. You will be responsible for building and developing a diverse team of Program Managers and Business Analysts to ensure the scalability and reliability of these programs. You will be a key member of the leadership team and provide insight and direction for the overall strategy of the Contact Center tools. Manage and develop a team of Program Managers and Business Analysts on the Sustaining team Responsible/accountable for delivering internal software products from cradle to grave. Major contributions at the architecture level, design, test, release, and sustaining are expected See opportunities and recommend improvements related to new and/or existing programs and workflows. Act independently and as a top-level contributor in determining program direction Understand the needs of the business and push back on requests that could hinder the Advisor or end-user experience Monitor programs/systems and communicate overall status to leadership Partner with Development PMs, IS&T, and other key stakeholders to increase system reliability and usability Prioritize the quality and stability of production environments in conjunction with feature improvements. Ensure seamless feedback loop across end-users, Network Operations Center, Help Desk, Sustaining team, and Development teams Accountable for developing comprehensive plans that lead to achieving deadlines and meeting release quality objectives. Contribute to the product by actively participating in the design process, the implementation effort, and/or the testing effort.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree and/or advanced degree in relevant field preferred. Experience with AppleCare Contact Center systems is also strongly preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.