Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The maps group is looking for a top-notch, driven, and dedicated software engineer to contribute in the design and the implementation of efficient 3d processing, validation and visualization techniques. You should have prior experience using GPUs through the major graphics APIs.
- Strong Swift/Objective-C/C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of spatial partitioning techniques for efficient visualization.
- Knowledge in computational geometry and experience implementing and optimizing algorithms for 3D graphics data
- Experience with asset content pipeline, writing plugins for authoring tools and dealing with 3d formats.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Metal, OpenGL
- Experience with SceneKit
- Advocate of software development standards including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- GIS knowledge is a plus
In this role you will help invent and implement software components that are critical for maps. You will accept challenges to find creative solutions to technically complex problems. You should strive working on complex projects, be able to balance short-term and long-term objectives, communicate and sell technical solutions across all levels of the organization. You will work with engineers, designers, statisticians, cartographers, mapping experts and test engineers to improve a core product that touches millions of users worldwide each day. You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle to deliver reliable frameworks to be used by a number of internal customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Apple. Apple is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.