Senior Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps Evaluation Engineering team is looking for a research and development focused senior engineer to help build the next generation of Maps Evaluation platforms and tools. The engineering position is a role suited for candidates who enjoy approaching a wide variety of problems with small teams to make an outsized impact on Apple products. The ideal candidate will have experience building large scale, custom designed data pipelines, with focus on data from machine learning systems.
- Experience in designing and implementing Data pipelines, with focus on data from Machine Learning systems
- Knowledge of best practices and methodologies for writing Asynchronous web services
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Understanding of software design principles and ability to participate in design and architecture discussions
- Understanding of performance, data security, large scale deployment, continuous integration, unit testing
- Ability to pick up, understand, and communicate complex concepts
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to drive product feature and requirement gathering with developers across multiple teams at Apple
As a developer on the Maps team, you have the opportunity to build various services and tools supporting many different teams collect, verify, and troubleshoot a wide variety of algorithms. You will work with Machine Learning engineers, statisticians and test engineers to improve a core product that touches millions of users worldwide each day.
Education & Experience
MA / MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the Elasticsearch
- Experience in designing and integrating web services (REST)
- Experience with at least one major language suited to programming, processing and analyzing data pipelines such as Java, Scala, Python
- Understanding of data modeling and storage with HiveQL platforms and/or relational data stores such as Postgres/MySQL