Siri - Engineering Program Manager – Core ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Core Machine Learning team is seeking an experienced program manager to lead highly cross-functional technology efforts. This is an opportunity to drive key machine learning initiatives across disciplines as well as integrating them with hardware roadmaps. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You will partner with engineering teams that deliver creative cutting-edge machine learning frameworks such as Core ML, Create ML and accelerating the user experience - all while securely protecting customer privacy. As a member of the Core ML EPM team, you will be responsible for developing, driving, and shipping smart ML frameworks and customer-facing features to millions of customers around the world.
- 5+ years as a Project or Program Manager on large-scale customer-facing feature development.
- Has shipped at least one large (multiple months of development) software feature to customers in a principal leadership role through the entire life cycle (planning, executing, and shipping).
- Has been in a role that requires working cross-functionally with multiple teams; engineering as well as other PMs, privacy, design, security, marketing, legal, and others.
- Has been in a role that owns providing regular executive-level project and program status in both written and verbal form.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices and related dependencies.
- Have a spotless record of reliability and integrity representing your products, program, and engineering organization; a demonstrable history of delivering what you promise when you promise it.
* You will be expected to facilitate and drive the right cross-functional conversations to make the Core ML roadmap both focused and compelling; push the envelope to plan features and technologies that will increase the capabilities of your Apple devices while steadfastly protecting user privacy. You will be driving collaboration and communication efforts for representing Core ML at Apple WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference). * Provide comprehensive and effective ownership of large projects and features from inception through delivery; overseeing specifications, scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. This ownership includes communicating all levels of project planning, development status, and executive reviews. This role is expected to be very autonomous; and to constantly turn ideas into action and creatively overcome obstacles. * Your portfolio will cover multiple areas, including customer-facing features with UI elements; development and improvement of on-device ML components; focus on adoption of Core ML technologies; better collaboration with Apple Security, Privacy, and HW teams, and team-level representation of Core ML Performance & Reliability efforts. * You will need to build and maintain new and existing EPM relationships across Apple AI/ML organization, App teams, OS team, relevant HW teams, and other Apple programs. Responsibilities include fostering trust and collaboration, negotiating alignment of priorities, and communicating and driving completion of dependencies. Making sure that good decisions are made by the right people is your priority.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.
- Experience shipping multiple global consumer-facing features at a large company where software is one of their primary products.
- Professional experience working on products or projects involving machine learning; especially on-device ML.