Senior Software Development Engineer — Platform tools and services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology platform and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant and resilient, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are looking for developers to build automation platform, tools and services to improve efficiency of our QE teams testing backend software services and data pipelines. You have a keen eye towards product quality and are challenged to build capabilities to improve time to market of a release in a complex heterogenous environment operating at scale.
- 6+ years of experience in software development in Java/Linux environment and/or building shared services or automation platform for a distributed systems and web services.
- Deep understanding of software architecture, development methodologies, triaging, debugging, automating, and releasing a high quality features E2E in a complex heterogeneous environment.
- Strong knowledge of web services architecture and distributed systems at scale, developing comprehensive framework to aid functional and non-functional QE teams, and advocating for best practices for software engineering and validating quality of all components in a given systems.
- Hands on experience writing advanced object-oriented code including creating automation frameworks and test scripts for large scale testing scenario’s from end users perspective
- Experience working with Oracle and strong knowledge of SQL; back-end validations and writing joins etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD environment and Cloud Infrastructure is a strong plus.
- Experience working with Cassandra, Kafka, Solr and other cutting edge back-end technologies is a strong plus and highly desirable
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
E2E group is a S.W.A.T. team of Ads Platforms group responsible for building automation platform and capabilities to improve E2E quality of Ad Platforms offerings, at the same time strive for efficiency to reduce time to market for features that impacts the business bottom line. We operate at scale, think outside the box, and build cutting edge technology framework to achieve quality goals. E2E group works with multiple cross functional teams within Ad Platforms as well as working with various teams across Apple to deliver quality products and set quality standards in collaborative yet fast paced environment. As a member of E2E team you will be responsible for developing a comprehensive automation platform and capabilities that helps deliver quality products efficiently and effectively.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree required, MS in Computer Science preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.