Audio Driver Triage Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, OS X, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG’s Audio Driver team is seeking an engineer to support the triaging of failures in the audio software stack and improving observability into failures. The candidate will work closely with the engineering and test teams to identify, reproduce and debug audio software failures.
- 5+ years of software development/testing experience
- Proven experience with bug triaging and regression testing
- Working knowledge of C++, C and Objective-C
- Experience in shell scripting, Python or Perl.
- Technical understanding of audio technologies
- Cooperation in defining and updating team testing, processes, procedures
- Proactive learning and a passion for learning new technologies
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communications skills and attention to detail. The fast-paced nature of the job requires a candidate who can work well under pressure and quickly adapt new technology into effective audio testing. Individual will be looking at determining why software misbehaves, triage crash logs and look to improve our customer experience. We are seeking someone who is intensely curious yet focused on delivering results in a timely manner. An eye and ear for quality is a must.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent experience)