Sr. Writer, Retail Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Sr. Writer, Retail Marketing for our Retail Communications team. As our ideal candidate, you’d help in crafting well-written copy and executive messaging to support our 65,000 Retail store and contact center employees across the globe.
- 7-12+ years experience writing and editing communications at a publication, web publishing, creative agency, or in-house creative environment—experience in executive communications, speechwriting, and internal communications a plus
- Skilled at working quickly, often producing 5–10 brief communications per day
- Solid understanding and grounding in U.S. English style, usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Familiar with Apple style and usage guides or The Chicago Manual of Style
- Tech-savvy, familiar with Macs, web-publishing systems
- Great at storytelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team and thrive under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with international teams
- Committed to your craft—an ambassador for your team
- An understanding of the Apple voice, aesthetic, and tone
As our Sr. Writer, you should be equal parts editor, writer, critical and creative thinker, storyteller, and communications expert. (Yes—that’s five equal parts.) What does that break down to specifically? Writing and editing internal communications with an eye for tone and structure. Advocating for strong copy and concise messaging across a number of content types. Cultivating relationships with writers, business partners, and stakeholders on key projects. And plenty of fun stuff along the way. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and shape the output of a dynamic writing team. Successful candidates will be adept at working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Producing 5–10 brief communications per day across content types is the norm—which means our ideal candidate is already well organized, skilled at managing several projects at a time, and possess the technical savvy to navigate ticketing and publishing systems with ease. (Hint, hint.) We want to find the perfect person for this role. Here are some specific traits we’re looking for: You flourish in Apple’s collaborative culture. You welcome a challenge. You smile in the face of deadlines. You grit your teeth at bad copy. You want to have lots of fun delivering amazing work.