Siri - Platform Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. The Siri Conversational Tools team is building the services and tools that will help improve Siri and dramatically extend its capabilities and reach.
- 5+ years with programming languages such as Go, Java, C/C++, Scala, or Python
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
- Proven experience with backend APIs and web services
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, with knowledge of the appropriate and effective uses of each
- Familiar with distributed systems design and sound implementation
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
The team is seeking a bright and high-energy backend or full-stack engineer to join our team. You will have a combination of backend systems architecture, implementation, API design, and operations. The Tools team sits at the intersection of many initiatives within Siri, and you will be working closely work multi-functional teams across disciplines. Machine learning knowledge or interest is a plus, as our systems interact closely with the intelligence that power Siri. We need an outstanding teammate — you will collaborate with engineers in several technical areas who have built the entire range of Siri's capabilities. In this role, you will participate in engineering design discussions and may be responsible for architecting or contributing to the design of new products and systems or the overhaul of existing ones, you are comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a rapidly changing environment with ever-changing priorities. We are passionate about user experience and crafting best in class products. That obsession extends to the tooling that this team is responsible for, and you will be able and expected to ensure that our products serve their customers in the best possible manner. This means building highly available, highly reliable systems that facilitate a simple, efficient workflow for improving and extending Siri.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or similar or equivalent work experience
- •Experience in a production Machine Learning or interest in NLP environment is a plus
- •Bonus points for iOS experience