Digital Content Management - Localization Team Manager, Apple Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Digital Content Management (DCM) Localization Team Manager is directly responsible for delivery of high quality translation and localization of product data, marketing content, and application content on the Apple Online Stores, Apple Store App, and WeChat platforms. Areas of ownership: Handle the day-to-day localization workflow of product and merchandising content, worldwide. Maintain relationships with internal and external localization resources, own quality delivered by providing structured mentorship and ensuring the best practices/processes are in place. Lead, define, and drive functional and process improvements to the localization platform. You are passionate about the critical role localization plays in a global consumer market. They are well-versed in handling workflows and processes in the area of localization management, in a large-scale e-commerce environment. They have extensive experience working in the field of localization, from day-to-day workflow management to re-engineering and systemizing processes to deftly handling vendors. They are technically curious, customer focused, self-directed, operationally minded. They are passionate about people, and are excited about developing others. This role works with the Managing Producer of the Retail Digital Content Management (DCM) organization.
- 10+ years of working in the localization field.
- 3+ years leading a team of individual contributors.
- Detailed knowledge of translation, globalization and localization processes and systems.
- Solid technical background in IT systems analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, and new process development.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and scripting languages.
- You thrive in an environment of ambiguity and constant change.
- You have the ability to work well under pressure, in the face of bold deadlines.
- You have the flexibility to take care of rapidly changing, time-constrained launch schedules. You exhibit high degree of ownership and accountability.
Lead a team of highly skilled Localization Project Managers. Support the launch and maintenance of Apple's product line information on the online stores by coordinating the localization of launch content, through existing vendors and/or resources internal to Apple. Coordinate with worldwide Retail DCM and Marcom teams in Europe, Asia/Pacific and Japan to improve delivery processes and to ensure consistency across Apple web properties. Drive process changes to lead quality assurance and improve quality of localized assets. Identify improvements to, run rollout of, and support the ongoing development of the Online Store's World-Server platform, including setting up and maintaining reliable, efficient and repeatable workflows. Identify, build, and maintain relationships with new and existing external localization vendors. Provide technical, operational, and linguistic standard methodology consulting for internal partners and customers. Support Online Store Engineering with localization of new store features, functionality improvements, and testing. Work with Online Store Product Management and Engineering to define and implement integration of World-Server with the store content and product information management systems. Represent the Apple Online Store in the Apple localization community. Previous e-commerce localization experience. Language fluency in one or more languages other than English.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science, Linguistics, Language Studies or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.