Full Stack Web Developer - Apple Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
What visual solutions to common problems are around the corner? How will display technologies evolve? What will be possible within our lifetime? What part will you play in the evolution of this technology? Join our team and you will help cultivate curated experiences which will empower Apple to create the richest and most innovative maps in the World.
- 5+ years professional software development
- Proven full-stack web development
- Backend web development using Python, PHP, or Java
- Familiarity as a user of iOS and Apple Maps
- Discerning and creative eye for HCI/UX/UI principles
- Ability to build clear and concise prototypes and specification documents
- Passionate about engineering perfection, performance, and quality
- Understanding and ability to orchestrate core computer science concepts
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, operating comfortably in a fast-paced and dynamic team setting
As a member of our team, your activities will include: Defining standout workflows and tools needed to support various display related teams and resources Being comfortable with data driven designs and software engineering concepts Diving into and understanding specialized technical stacks and root-cause scenarios Articulating display concepts and curating innovative and user-friendly tools which empower developers and display experts alike Collaborating with your peers as you take pride and ownership in delivering delightful user experiences You will live and breathe in a codebase that has been orchestrated with performance and quality in mind.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science OR relevant experience is desired.
- While the following skills are not necessary, they would be helpful in understanding our space:
- Experience working with spatial datasets and curating them for use in a visual display would constitute an added bonus
- Native code experience in Objective-C, C++, or Swift