Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Data Center Network Team that support Apple’s external facing apps is looking for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer! We're a fun team of sharp engineers that provide network design, operations and software development support. The team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud and other Apple’s other internet facing services in order to maximize efficiency, consistency and availability. ****Position can be located in Denver, CO or Austin, TX*******
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and supporting large multi-tier applications
- Strong Python and PHP experience and working knowledge of Ruby
- Thorough understanding of object oriented design principals, algorithms and data structures
- Strong experience building and testing RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker, Django, Kafka, Elastic Search, Redis and other backend applications
- Working knowledge of Distributed systems and SQL databases.
- Must be capable of independent problem-solving and self-direction with strong troubleshooting ability
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests.
- Knowledge of dev ops principles and AGILE development practices, tools and methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing justifications, training users in complex topics, and interacting positively with other staff and management.
- Capability to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner, including the ability to easily change priorities as the business dictates.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Splunk
- Experience with WebSocket and/or Microservices is a plus
Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about quality and has a keen eye for details. Data Center Network Team has an immediate opening for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer. Our group's focus is on the design and development of web based solutions supporting data center network automation and monitoring applications. The position will provide architecture, design and development leadership across multiple projects, and will be helping build the next generation of online support solutions. Collaborate on the architecture of new features, services, and alternative system designs. Code applications, processes and workflows, and multi-purpose service-layer APIs and designing schema changes that will optimize how users augment and curate data. Provide training, support and guidance to technical support teams and end users. Respond to escalated support requests via a ticketing system. Responsibilities include: The successful candidate has experience excelling in agile development teams that solves big business problems by focusing on the customer, and a proven track record of writing amazing code including HTTP APIs (specifically REST based, delivering JSON). Daily responsibilities include writing code for new features, participating in code reviews, partnering with team members, end users, and other development teams to collaborate on new features and services, and supporting users to evaluate and iterate on existing tools and solutions.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering