Latin America Region Business Intelligence Manager
Miami, Florida, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our Product ongoing development and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the ambassador of Apple to our largest customers. Imagine what you could do here. Are you ready to take this challenge? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JOB SUMMARY: The Apple Latin America & Caribbean (“ALAC”) sales team is seeking a high-energy individual who is at the crossroads of data analytics and visual design. The Business Intelligence Manger will partner closely with the region’s sales, sales operations, Information Systems & Technology (“IS&T”) and finance leadership to deliver mobile-enabled, intuitive and elegant data visualizations, grounded in robust data analytics. These business intelligence tools will allow leadership to keep a close “pulse on the business” and enable strategic decision-making.
- 7+ years of proven experience in data visualization and/or decision support functions.
- Excellent data visualization capabilities -the ability to turn complex data into simple, elegant executive-level deliverables.
- Strong data mining, data science and/or modeling experience, focusing on decision support functions.
- Strong business insight knowledge and experience, preferably in sales, operations and/or marketing areas.
- Excellent social, communication and relationship-building skills, as well as ability to negotiate and influence decisions.
- Excellent project management, organizational, reporting and managerial skills.
- Lead and perform in a high-paced business environment, and be highly motivated to bring transformation to an organization while bridging the gap between technology and business.
- A real passion for perfection and an ability to work cross functionally and across multiple layers of Apple’s organizations
- Experience leading small teams and/or service providers in the aforementioned areas.
- Experience leading business functions through the process of capturing and documenting business and systems requirements.
- You will also have hands-on experience with data mining, programming, management and reporting technologies, e.g., Tableau, SQL, Python, R, SAS, SAP BusinessObjects, and others.
Core responsibilities - Partner with Latin America team to understand and document needs and requirements for business intelligence, process automation and strategic decision support making in a high-paced channel retail business - Dream up, develop, deliver and support tactical, mobile-enabled prototypes for data visualization and dash-board initiatives to empower management for near real-time decision-making - Partner with and influence regional/corporate IS&T and Business Process Re-engineering (“BPR”) teams to deliver long-term solutions that align to Apple’s IS&T capital project roadmap, as well as regional strategy and direction Support sales operations reporting initiatives via advanced analytics and data visualization strategies, and advise on the automation of reporting/decision support and dashboard development processes - Provide mentorship around data management and modeling, as well as extraction and transformation of Apple’s enterprise data - Advise business partners on leading practices for the use of disparate data, including first and third party data source creation, collection and Extraction, Transformation and Load (“ETL”) processes
Education & Experience
BS/BA required and MBA preferred Project Management certification a plus.
- Previous consumer electronics experience preferred.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills a plus.
- Up to 25% travel.
- Experience with iOS deployments a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.