Data Scientist - CRM and Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we pride ourselves in building great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The iTunes Marketing Group has an opportunity to redefine how consumers engage with great content and services. We are looking for a Data Scientist, whose role will be to provide analytics to support marketing and business strategies, as well as perform back-end analysis to figure out success of our initiatives. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks. Our team collaborates deeply with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to provide the best customer experience to a customer across all services - App Store, Apple Music, iTunes Video, iBooks, News amongst other services.
- 8+ years of experience working in Analytics
- Highly analytical with proven track record in data-rich analysis with ability to translate complex analytics to business-shaping actions that are understood by business users
- Experience with global customer analysis is preferred in a worldwide role
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently lead and implement quick-turn, tactical projects as a great teammate
- A ‘do-er’ and self starter who works well in a face-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Highly responsive and adaptable
- Well-versed SQL languages. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop preferred
- Strong data visualization skills required — ideally with Tableau
- Experience managing a team
You will lead all aspects of Direct Marketing analytics to find opportunities and inform communication strategies based upon customer insights You will develop statistically valid and methodologically sound approaches to business problems through efficient programing queries and macros to execute the analysis You will publish and communicate digestible insights to inform the partners You will work closely with campaign execution teams to ensure campaigns are executing properly and monitors are in place You will lead business requirements submission for campaign reporting tools You will develop strategy to understand/model/guide customer behavior You will collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level executives. You will strategize avenues for acquisition and retention of IS&S customers. You will develop prototypes and POCs to demonstrate new ideas and technologies for internal and external customers You will oversee test & learn strategy that continuously optimizes customer communications and provides thought leadership and discipline through our testing platforms
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field.