Quality Assurance Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Shared Services QA team is looking for a motivated, creative, and quality results focused individual to join our team. You will be responsible for developing the test strategy, leading, and executing global testing for internal and customer facing AppleCare applications and systems. This position can be located in Austin, Texas, Elk Grove, California, or Cupertino, California
- Detail-oriented, analytical, disciplined and creative thinker committed to driving quality forward.
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes. Able to work effectively in both Agile and Waterfall project environments.
- Prioritizes the development of strong and effective working partnerships with Product Owners, Developers, and other project team members.
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with remote team members. Can occasionally work outside standard business hours.
- Skilled in developing and effectively communicating test strategies that separate the essential from the non-essential work.
- Focused on both current work and its future impact. Takes initiative to communicate potential future problems and develops plan to resolve them when appropriate.
- Is consistently curious and personally driven by innovative solutions to technical and non-technical challenges.
- Demonstrates both foresight and flexibility in managing the testing of multiple simultaneous projects. Is skilled in adjusting to late changes and smartly redirecting testing efforts
- Able and willing to setup testing data and directly assist in the testing effort.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities seriously and consistently demonstrates integrity in their work ethic and output.
- Skilled in communicating the state of the product and testing to different audience types both in-person and remotely. Always delivers truthful assessments.
- Experience delivering presentations, hosting meetings, and testing checkpoints.
- Advocates for achieving excellence in all things but able to smartly prioritize work and triage problems discovered during testing to achieve the best outcome possible.
- Experience with leading and coordinating testing efforts that include both internal and contract employees.
- Experience understanding and/or testing with APIs
- Experience with contact center operations, processes, and various methods of communication (Phone, Email, Chat, SMS).
You will utilize your education, training, and experience in QA to lead the testing of AppleCare products. The basic day-to-day responsibilities of an SPQA Lead include: Pre-Testing: Review and analyze requirements, user issues, wireframes, prototypes, etc. Participate in review meetings by QA expertise and product knowledge to ask questions and provide feedback. Develop Test Plans. Determine and secure the necessary resources needed to execute on test plans. Lead and/or coordinate on the readiness tasks necessary to start testing: help draft acceptance criteria, develop test scripts, environment and system setup, etc. Provide knowledge transfer/demos to Testers. During Testing: Lead, coordinate, and support all global testing efforts. Conduct direct testing. Screen and triage all tickets raised by testers. Closely coordinate with developers and product owner. Hold regular testing checkpoints / bug review board meeting. Run automated checks and investigate failures Provide risk assessment to product owner Post Testing: Participate in go-live activities by validating the product after production deployment and supporting any warranty activities. Assist in training development, change management, and adoption goals.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.